Fleetwood Mac was the guest of honor at Friday night’s MusiCares Person of the Year tribute and fundraiser gala at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Leading the tributes was an all-star cast of VIPs, including Lorde, Harry Styles, Miley Cyrus, and former President of the United States Bill Clinton, who famously used Fleetwood Mac’s song “Don’t Stop” for his 1992 presidential campaign song. Clinton honored the band at Friday’s award ceremony.
During the acceptance speech, Stevie Nicks formally eulogized her good friend and musical collaborator Tom Petty, who passed away unexpectedly last October.
“The loss of Tom Petty has just about broken my heart. He was not only a good man to go ‘down the river’ with, as Johnny Cash said, but he was a great father and a great friend. He was one of my best friends. My heart will never get over this.
“He was not well and he fought his way through that tour. He should have canceled. He should have just gone home and go to the hospital. But not Tom, he was going to go down that river.”
The Chain (Ben Davis)
The Chain (Flawless Styles)
Silver Springs (Lorde)
- “Big Love,” Imagine Dragons
- “Say You Love Me,” Brandi Carlisle
- “I’m So Afraid,” Portugal.The Man
- “Hold Me,” Juanes
- “Songbird,” Alison Krauss w/ Jerry Douglas
- “Gypsy,” Haim
- “Second Hand News,” Keith Urban
- “Silver Springs,” Lorde
- “Everywhere,” OneRepublic
- “Dreams,” Little Big Town
- “Never Going Back Again,” Jared Leto
- “Landslide,” Miley Cyrus
- “Don’t Stop,” Zac Brown Band
- “The Chain” (w/ Harry Styles)
- “Little Lies”
- “Gold Dust Woman,”
- Go Your Own Way”